4.19.2012

Obsessed | The Conversation

Ever since I was a child, I've been obsessed with pop culture & entertainment. Maybe it was because my parents used the television, radio, movies, and even sports broadcasts to better their english. Or maybe it was because my Grandma and I watched Guiding Light every afternoon when I was younger. Or maybe its because artistas (movie stars) and teleserias (soap operas) are so popular in the Filipino culture.

Whatever the reason, I've been obsessed.

I don't really record episodes of my favorite shows or subscribe to US Weekly (Is that still around?) but if I come across a celebrity on Piers Morgan, or am waiting in a grocery store line and see InStyle magazine, or even find a celebrity on Instagram, I would definitely take a peak.

The other day, as I watched my nightly E! News, they featured an upcoming show called "The Conversation".

From their website-
About The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet

Let The Conversation begin…Lifetime's all-new series "The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet," a refreshing and intimate take on celebrity interviews hosted by British television personality and renowned photographer Amanda de Cadenet and executive produced by Demi Moore and de Cadenet, will premiere on Thursday, April 26 at 11/10c. The hour-long program created by de Cadenet marks her U.S. television debut.

Presenting an honest, authentic and raw view of the shared issues affecting women today, each episode of "The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet" will feature de Cadenet having powerful and in-depth interviews with some of the world’s most famous and influential women, including, among others, Jane Fonda, Lady Gaga, Gwyneth Paltrow, Miley Cyrus, Eva Longoria, Kelly Preston, Alicia Keys, New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Donna Karan, Ivanka Trump, Olivia Wilde and Gabby Sidibe. Together with de Cadenet in the comfort of her or their own homes, they -- many for the first time publicly -- will tackle a wide variety of topics universal to all females, including sexuality, body image, career and finances, relationships, love and loss, politics, human rights, transformation, breakthrough and perseverance. "The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet" will also feature “Women on the Street” segments in which women from all walks of life also reveal their personal feelings about their lives and the world today.

Although I'm excited to see this show, I'm more excited to hear about the struggles of motherhood as depicted by Gwyneth Paltrow, Kelly Preston, & Alicia Keys to name a few.

Now I'm not a fan of bad news, but it's refreshing to see celebrities being so candid and raw, despite the glamourous life we all believe they have.

Here's a sneak peak-


The thing that got me? Zoe Saldana saying how she "is addicted to anxiety." How real is that?

Is it too early to say that I'm obsessed?


~Kristina

2 comments:

  1. Nah...

    Stopping by from the UBP to say hello.
    Have a great weekend!
    POSH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Thank You for stopping by. :)

      Delete