7.26.2012

Looking Back Reflection | Blog Name

I know. I've been super slacking here. I convinced myself that this 365 Day Photo Challenge was sufficient enough to keep this blog going. But it's not. And this time, I care about the well being of my blog. So I'm saving the excuses (for another time, just kidding) and am going to write. Cause if I just wanted to post photos, there are other platforms for that. Here is where I write.

"Cute blog name." That's the one comment Yo Michael Michael! always gets. No exaggeration. So today, why not tell you about why & how I got to this place?

My husband and I have our own passions. And these passions often come out in the form of collecting. When I was younger, I loved (and still do) sports. I collected trading cards, magazine articles, newspaper clippings, mini posters, etc. and organized them all in my 3 inch ring binder.

One of the things that ran through my mind when I was pregnant was what Michael's passions would be. Would he be the same and collect sports memorabilia? Would he love music and collect guitar picks? I even had a quirky friend who loved art so much, she collected color pencils as a child.

Yo Gabba Gabba! was the first indication of interest that Michael ever showed. We actually recorded the Jack Black episode for ourselves, since we heard it was just that funny. Long story short, he watched it too. And enjoyed it as much as we did. He even sat through an entire Yo Gabba Gabba! live show with no problems. Remember?

Books were an acquired taste. We introduced him to different toys but they never kept his attention for more than a minute. And Baby Einstein was just a phase, thank goodness. Yo Gabba Gabba! Michael loved. And still does.

Yo Michael Michael! sounded like such a cute blog name. So I went for it & even bought a domain. But at the renewal period this year, I thought that it would be the perfect time for change. Maybe a Cars name since its his new thing? Or how about something for me since this is partly my blog. Or what about a family centered name? Too cliche?

I opted to save the name as a remembrance of how and when Michael's personality started. And how it's developed so much already.

Sure, he doesn't watch Yo Gabba Gabba! as much as Toy Story, Super Why!, or Cars. He doesn't grab his Muno toy as fast as the football. He doesn't choose the Yo Gabba Gabba! iPhone videos as quick as the Numbers app. A Yo Gabba Gabba! themed party doesn't seem to be a plan in the future. But this was his beginning.

And its my blogging beginning too.


~Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment