7.31.2012

Toddle Along Tuesday | 07/31/12


Untitled

Pluto

These are the only photos I have of Michael with any kind of furry animal. Not because he's scared of animals and I've never had the opportunity. Far from it. Its actually because of my fears. You see, Michael isn't afraid of anything. Animals included. But I am. And instead of taking photos of him with all sorts of animals, I'm the mom that hovers over him, repeating "Careful" hundreds of times. I'm watching him like a hawk, therefore, my camera never gets picked up. It doesn't matter if you're a teacup kind-of-dog or a jelly fish or lizard. Even ants. Michael shows no fear.

I vividly remember my husband's Spring party which was held at his boss' house earlier this year. His boss owns a pitbull, which they just adopted the day before. Mommy alarm obviously goes off and I kept repeating to myself and to my husband "Do not let him in the backyard." Of course, the party was being held in the backyard. Where else would it be? And despite the pool, the unbelievable play area with two swings and a slide, all the open grass space, there was only one thing on Michael's radar- the dog. Which he ran to and gave the biggest hug. I can tell you that my heart stopped beating for a second.

Thankfully the dog was a really mellow dog who loved hugs and just laying in the shade. His boss assured us that he wouldn't have gotten a dog that was "dangerous" since he himself has 3 young daughters. But my goodness, Michael.



~Kristina

27 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following :) I'm following you back via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristina, Im so glad you left your link so I could come visit, I wish more would. Thanks for Stopping by Oh! My Heartsie today!! I am yur newest follower on GFC.
    You guys look like you in Disneyland?
    Have a great day! Karren

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!!
    Im your newest follower!
    thanks for stopping by my blog~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the boy is making friends with a really big dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute photos!!! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michael is adorable. Looks like you and your hubby keep him busy with lots of activities. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for following and linking up for the GFC Blog Hop! Your son is so cute and you are too funny! I freak out sometimes too when my kids try to touch animals (especially ones that can bite) but I have to remind myself that they're learning and growing so they have to explore things even if I don't like it. Lol.

    Following you back now!

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I would be scared of the pitbull too! Your little guy is super cute. My 4 year old loves yo gabba gabba too, but this QueenMom can't deny that she is always happy when the show ends;)
    http://www.practicallyperfectprincess.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by www.boys-oh-boys.com! Returning the ♥!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved spending some time here today - so glad you found me!

    Marissa @ forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I would have been freaking out too! I try hard not to hover too much but sometimes I just can't help myself :) Thanks for the visit, your little Michael is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kids are fearless aren't they? I know i'm usually holding my breath at least once daily when it comes to my 4 year old. haha

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the big dog he is here with!! loved reading through your blog and thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delighted to have you stop by and comment. Thanks! That was my first time doing the Mom's Monday Mingle too. All this blog hop stuff is brand new to me. It's certainly a nice opportunity to connect with other bloggers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband is the same way! It's easy to get freaked out about animals because they are so unpredictable! And then throw a kid in there and it could be chaos! It's good it was a nice pitbull. 9/10 people will let you know if their animal isn't friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm totally afraid of animals, too. Or at least used to be until about a year or so ago. But I realized that my fear will project onto the girls if I didn't tone it down, so I've purposely put myself in situations where I have to be around animals.

    This past spring I took a class where we had to take field trips to different locations where they had live animals. I actually went into a pig pen with 4 HUGE pigs running around like crazy. My heart was pounding. I even went into another pen with a huge cow and 20 or so goats. I was dying. DY-ING!

    ReplyDelete