- How am I going to make my coffee? Without coffee, how am I going to surviiiiive?
- My phone has only 14% battery left. Oh, we're really in trouble now.
- I knew this thing would come in handy one day. (You should've seen my face when I got it.) It's not as intimidating as it looks, but it is as heavy. Sorry though, it doesn't power up the coffee maker (tried that) but it does charge your phone...and inflate tires, and jump start cars, and plays music, among other things. You can purchase it here.
- It's amazing how 3 different electrical company representatives stated that the power outage was due to 3 different things. And to the first rep I called, sorry I called too fast for you to find out the cause. I only had 14% battery on my phone and needed to know asap.
- Michael played with every single puzzle he had during that time without power. But here's a tip parents. Let the kids assemble puzzles by ANY light source you have, including the window. You see, the sun was not fully out yet. So smart me thought it was okay to just stay put on the floor and not move that extra few inches to where the light hit the carpet directly. Yes, there was a lot of screams and a cry or two because Michael stepped on the peg portion of the puzzle piece. Ouch. Okay, maybe it wasn't a tip. More like common sense right?
- No electricity is not fun. But it was fun observing our neighbors and local businesses from our front porch. We live in a condominium complex across the street from a gas station, restaurant, and small shopping center. People were panicking. But I actually didn't this time. We soaked up the summer air from our porch. Before the afternoon heat wave kicks in. We even saw a lady eat her entire breakfast & apply all her makeup in the car. And 4 Fedex trucks in the span of an hour. (Orders for the Power Dome, I hope.)