10.16.2012

New York 2012 | Sports

I wrote a while back how much sports meant to me, my family, my relationship, and my hopes for Michael. So of course, visiting the stadiums of some of the local professional teams were on the agenda once again.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

From the moment I saw the outline of Yankee Stadium on the horizon, I got chills. Visiting this stadium was such a surreal experience, especially when you go during the Playoffs. To me, nothing symbolizes New York sports as much as the Yankees do.
Not to sound like too much of a cheese ball, but I really felt like I was sharing sports history with Michael just by visiting. My husband wanted to buy Michael everything in the team store. Me? I thought the experience was enough to hold us over and kept insisting that as an Angels fan, Michael wearing a Yankees jersey was just blasphemous.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Madison Square Garden
I had visited Madison Square Garden as a child, again as an adult with my husband, and now with our son. It's an amazing feeling to revisit places through transitions in your life. The feeling never changes but just intensifies because you are now experiencing the landmark with the people you chose to spend it with.
Madison Square Garden is situated right smack in the center of the city and right beside Penn Station. It was absolutely chaotic around this area, giving you the true NY experience.


~Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment