11.05.2012

San Diego 2012 | Sports

Hello week ahead. Here's what's been happening.

My husband said it best- "There's always something great about getting away for a weekend."

We headed out to San Diego this past weekend and it definitely lived up to the hype. Although my past travel posts have been split up pretty extensively, I'm keeping it simple this time with Sports, Accommodations, & of course, the Food.

Untitled

This wasn't our first time at Qualcomm, but it definitely was the most fun! The main purpose of our trip was for The Color Run, better known as The Happiest 5k! As a runner, there was no pressure on this race, no anxiety about beating your personal best time, and no worry about that awful Charlie horse that I might get in the middle of the night because of running my heart out. It was also my husband & my first 5k together, running that is. I actually did a 5k when I was pregnant, which of course I couldn't keep up with my husband.

Here are some pictures of the fun. Check out this before & after picture.

Untitled Untitled 

And a tip, wear a beanie if you don't want your hair doused in color! My husband walked around town with an orange spot on his head that only came out in the shower.
Why is Michael so clean too you ask? The trip was also a belated birthday gift for my Mom. She got a vacation simply for taking care of Michael while we ran. BUT, we could've ran with Michael. Check out what The Color Run has to say about parents running with kids.
Can I run with a jogging stroller and my kids? 
On one condition…if you are prepared to be one of the hippest moms/dads on the planet!  As long as they are cute and like to have fun…all kiddos 5 and under can run with an adult FREE of charge and do not need to register!


Alright, so it isn't my picture. I'm not 100% guilty of not taking any though. None of them turned out clear! What the heck?
Anyhoo, Michael was having some major issues the evening after our run that we debated whether or not we should just stay in. But again, we chose the latter and just decided to venture out. And we're glad we did.
Again, this was not our first time at Petco Park, but it was Michael's. My Mom was also able to school us on some baseball info.
And after visiting 4 baseball stadiums this year, I've come to the realization that they are truly the most beautiful. I'm so glad we're getting to experience all these with our son and am able to document it all on the blog.

Related posts:
What Sports Mean To Us
Local Sports
San Francisco Sports
New York Sports

Linking up today via Lisa Leonard.


~Kristina

3 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Just visiting from Mom's Monday mingle and now following you :)

    http://notsosimpleshelley.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristina,
    I'm a new follower from the Monday Mingle. I love your blog and blog design :D
    Katie @ www.thecreativebubble.com

    ReplyDelete