1.22.2013

Phoenix 2013 | Sneak Peak

This past long weekend, we headed out to sunny Phoenix. And what a fun trip it was. Phoenix is a beauty.

But there's something that I need to get off my chest.

Many people have asked us, "Why Phoenix?"

"Is it for a job or something? Is someone getting married out there?"

Which we always responded, "Just to get away for the weekend..."

Of course, it bothered me a little.

As I began set up my posts, I began to think about the answer I've been giving. Why did I say we were trying to get away? Why Phoenix. Why I'm going to places that my husband and I have visited before. Why I've made planning & going on these trips a hobby.  Why I would sacrifice those designer shoes, purse, and sunglasses for plane fare. Why I endure the anxiety of traveling, airports, gate checks, take offs, landings, 5 hours flights.

Low & behold, Ashley words it beautifully.
That I know, without any shadow of doubt, that I would not see the same beauty in these wonders if I weren’t also viewing them through the eyes of my children.  They make everything magical. They have taught me to see a beauty in the world I never knew existed.
That's why we chose Phoenix. Because Phoenix is beautiful.

So here's a sneak peak of our weekend in Phoenix:

found this now we can't leave the store. #futurefanboy seems all the food network shows rubbed off on him #futurechef #makingdinnerforthrladies Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled


~Kristina

2 comments:

  1. my grandmother lives outside of phoenix and I love it there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I toyed with the thought of moving out here. It's beautiful.

      Delete