3.29.2013

Review | Wiggles & Giggles Consignment

I'm a big fan of Jeni aka CandidMommy on YouTube. She introduced me to world of childrens' consignment sales. Now, I've heard of consignment shops & clothing consigning online (which I've both tried) but never heard of actual consignment sales. And boy was I in for a treat.


Via Wiggles & Giggles Consignment

I did a quick Google search and found Wiggles and Giggles Consignment through Consignment Mommies. This was the closest consignment sale to us in southern California. I've heard of parents traveling far and wide to find the best deals, but since this was my first consignment sale, I wanted to stay local and try it out. I also wanted to see if it was actually worth it, since I would be consigning not just buying.

To sum it up, it was a great first experience. As a consigner, it was overwhelming, since you had to gather up all the tagging materials, making sure your items were in pristine condition, and get the hang of running the managing website. Once I got into a good groove, it was pretty easy. As a consigner, I took home $100 on items that Michael didn't need anymore. Not bad. It was also pretty interesting to see on the managing website what items sold each night as well.

Veronica, the owner of Wiggles and Giggles, was also a pleasure to work with. She answered all my questions as a newbie consigner very quickly via e-mail. She made this first experience a positive one.

As a buyer, wow, the deals were endless. Just an example: we picked up Melissa & Doug puzzles for only $2 each. No missing pieces either. And you know those beautiful wooden puzzles go for at least $12 each. The last day is usually a half off day too, where close to all items were marked down.

Tips for a new consigner? I definitely recommend the Consignment Mommies' Resources for Consigners.

Tips for a new buyer? Honestly, the only thing I can think of is when buying wooden puzzles DO NOT buy puzzles whose pieces are stuck together with packing tape. It was really difficult removing it, without pulling off some of the wood too. And take your time. It can be really overwhelming to see such amazing deals. Be sure to inspect all your items, since there are usually no returns or exchanges.

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them below. Have A Great Weekend!


~Kristina

1 comment: