7.09.2013

Grandpa's 6 Year Passing Anniversary

My biggest fear with Michael isn't so much something happening to him. But moreso something happening to me.

****

6 years ago, my Dad passed away unexpectedly from a massive heart attack. A complication of his diabetes. He was only 54 years old at the time. And it happened right before my very eyes.

Michael never got to meet his Grandpa.

And the thought of conceiving a Michael was non-existent to us at the time too.

But while that proved to be one of the saddest days of my life, it was also the greatest.

It was a day that proved that someone's life can truly change another. How a parent's impact and influence in their child's life becomes truly visible.

I was 23 years old at the time, with no real direction or purpose.

You can say that it was turning point in my life, where I instantaneously became an adult. My purpose now was to take care of my family. As my Father did.

And I never looked back.

These 6 years, although tough at times, have proven to be the best years of my life.

I Thank my Dad for them. As I'm Thankful for everything he's done.

And can only wish Michael feels the same way for me when I'm no longer here.

Untitled


~Kristina

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your dad. I'm happy you were able to blossom and move forward. Dealing with the death of a loved one is truly challenging. But it makes us that much stronger if we let it.

    ReplyDelete