9.05.2013

YMM! Eats | Umami Burger

So here's the deal. Whenever we plan on eating out, my husband 99% of the time always suggests a burger joint. This is no problem for me since I have developed a love for burgers and fries.  It wasn't like I was ever against burgers, I just preferred anything with rice, possibly due to my Filipino upbringing. I could have rice with literally anything.  But I love burgers now too. And so does Michael, well at least the sweet potato fries part.

This past Saturday, we decided to try the new Umami Burger in Anaheim, CA. A few friends of ours had a birthday celebration at the location in LA last week, but we had to pass because of an event at Michael's school. My husband has been craving it ever since. Because we were heading to Disneyland that night, it was a perfect stop for dinner.

Now this wasn't our first time there. But we couldn't compare with our first time as it was pretty unmemorable. I can't for the life of me remember what we ordered or whether or not I loved or loathed it.

Long story short, this time was amazing.  My husband and I each ordered the Royale and the Truffle burger, along with some regular fries and sweet potato fries.  I also ordered their signature root beer.  And I finished EVERYTHING.  Talk about feeling like a fatty afterwards. But oh man, completely worth it. I did not regret it one bit.

This Umami location is perfect for kids. We've been having a heat wave, so we didn't choose to sit outside like we usually do. But the outdoor section overlooks a new park in Anaheim, which is nice. Many walkers and dog walkers passed by too, which we know would definitely entertain Michael. And plenty of booth seats inside.  Perfect for our little family.

DSC_0177 DSC_0186 house sauces: jalapeño ranch, garlic aioli, some hot sauce royale burger sweet potato fries truffle fries truffle burger DSC_0197


~Kristina

2 comments:

  1. This totally sounds like my kind of place!

    Nice to meet you through #SITSBlogging!

    Kimberly @ Rhubarb and Honey {http://rhubarbandhoney.com/}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Kimberly! :)

      Delete