10.21.2013

New Family Traditions

I love creating new family traditions.  I take pride in knowing that I've spent precious time wisely, with the people I love most, creating memories that can never be bought.  No matter how big or how small the tradition is, both bring joy to my life and give me something to look forward to each day.

Last weekend, my husband craved breakfast.  We decided to go to our favorite breakfast restaurant in Claremont because we had an appointment with our contractor that morning, in a neighboring city.  Not only was the food as delicious as we remembered, but the empty restaurant at 8:30 in the morning made for a fun and relaxed outing.  We decided that we NEEDED to do it again.

And we did.  Yesterday, we tried a breakfast joint in Fullerton that has been on our Yelp list for quite some time.  Now unlike BC Cafe, this restaurant is much more popular.  Although the restaurant quickly got busy, we were able to enjoy, what we felt, was the best breakfast we had in a long time.  The hash browns and waffles here are a must get!

weekly villaruz breakfast outing

We've decided to make this a family tradition.  A breakfast tradition saved for every Sunday.  The fact that we can wake up, put on some comfy sweats, and enjoy a nice cup of coffee (or in my case these past 2 weeks, cocoa) with a delicious breakfast is definitely something I don't mind doing every week.  Breakfast is Michael's favorite meal too.  His food of choice?  Waffles and eggs, a true sign that he is his father's son.

What traditions do you have with your family?  I'd love to hear them.


~Kristina

1 comment:

  1. I love this! We always enjoy going out for breakfast, especially because it's usually super early and the restaurants are still pretty empty. I always enjoy hearing about other's family traditions :)

    ReplyDelete